Monday, June 17, 2013

Something...Normal?


So I decided to try and write about normal things today. Hey, stop laughing! I mean it. No more holes in the Space-Time Continuum. No more paradoxes. No more...are you quite finished?

So...well...this is...different. What do normal people think about all the time? The weather?

Oh yeah! It's Summer! hooray!! hooray!! We school folk are free from tyranny for three months! What's that? Closer to 2 1/2 months? Be quiet. Let me dream. My summer will consist of watching Doctor Who (I can't wait for the 50th anniversary special in November!), writing a whole lot, playing guitar (and making the neighbors thoroughly sick of Owl City), and pretty much being an elusive (though brilliant, of course) geek the rest of the time. Oh, and getting through that stack of about 14 books that I told myself I would read over the summer.

Oh! And going to one of my favorite places... Hume Lake. Seriously the best summer camp ever. I didn't think I would be able to go this year. Thanks to whoever paid my scholarship. You guys, you have not lived until you've gone there. You play these weird random games that are probably more fun for the staff to watch you attempt, eat the best milkshakes ever, get stranded in the middle of the lake because your canoe tipped, get woken up by the staff who force you to say the Pledge of Allegiance at five in the morning, and stay up until 4 AM telling weird stories about ceiling fans and a demonic clown and laughing maniacally. Seriously, it's the best.

So that's how I'm spending my summer. At least how I plan to spend it. I dunno, maybe the apocalypse will happen. Maybe I'll die (again). Maybe Aliens will attack. Maybe California will secede. That would be cool. Now you know what I think about all the time.

Anyway, have a great life and here's to summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment