Friday, January 4, 2013

Monkey See, Monkey Do...

         

          Ok. My turn.  My older brother and sister both started blogs not long ago, and, after deliberating for some time about it (about two and a half minutes) and having a deep, insightful conversation with my sister about it ( "Hey Jamie, should I start a blog?" "Yeah, you probably should."), I finally came to the conclusion that I should, in fact, start a blog. Now I've no idea how often I will write in it, or just what I will end up writing about, but it's the thought that counts, right?

I may end up talking about books and movies (likely), Doctor Who (likelihood on a scale of 1 to 10: 11), musings on life (very likely), the random, disconnected thoughts (pretty much all my thoughts) that run through my head (very likely), or the growing price of dried apricots in Tajikistan (not very likely at all, but you never know).

I hope this is something I write in quite a bit, but considering all the loopholes and fragmentation currently infesting the space-time continuum, that may not be possible. But I'll try. I promise. I've already contacted the Bureau of Space and Time and Other Unrelated Anomalies. They're on it. No, I did not just make that up. Ok, fine. Just kidding. You got me. Of course the Bureau of Space and Time and the Bureau of Other Unrelated Anomalies are completely different things. Duh.

Anyway, I guess the point of this for me is to organize my thoughts that are always trying to run in all possible directions (and a few more). And I hope that, for you, it might make you smile just a bit. After all, it takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile. And 0 to sit there with a dumb look on your face, I guess. So if you want to burn calories (or build up your face-muscles), I suggest frowning on a regular basis, maybe at everyone you see. But if you want to keep your friends, and save energy, smiling would be best for you. And finally, sitting there with a dumb look on your face would be best if you absolutely wanted to conserve all possible energy. I mean, there are so many things you could do with that energy that you just saved. Just think of all the possibilities...

But I digress. 'Til we meet again, then.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment